Family Collage

Family Collage

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Rhona!

For months now, Jeff has been wanting a dog and he finally convinced me that we could handle it and that I would love it. So we found Rhona at an animal shelter and fell in love with her. The way that the animal shelter does it is they let you take the dog for two weeks to see if she is right for you and your family and then if things work out you officially adopt her. So a week ago Rhona came to our home and so far things are going great. Rhona is an American Bulldog with lots of great energy and so sweet. Perfect for Jeff's energy level. She loves to play with other dogs and plays very nicely. She is 11 months old. We have a huge park in the center of our complex where tons of dogs get together and play everyday so she gets lots of socialization and we take her to other dog parks too. Jeff is great with her. He takes her on a walk every morning and night as well as takes her out to play during the day and when the other dogs are out. He is making sure everything is perfect so she can stay because he wants her to stay that badly. My husband is so amazing and I am impressed with how much responsibility he is taking on. I mean we both take care of her but I don't have as much time to do as much as he does. I will be honest I was a little nervous about getting her because she is big and strong and I have always been a little nervous around bigger dogs, but as I have gotten to know her I don't feel nervous anymore. We still have things to learn and so does she. We will be training her and we are excited about the challenge. Overall she is so sweet and gentle regardless of her size. We are hoping that things continue to go well so we can adopt her.
Rhona's first day with us
Rhona is very good as "shake" she can also sit, come, and we are working on lay down.
Isn't she so sweet and look she has blue eyes just like us. Okay so they really aren't blue.
All tuckered out from a playful day


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

FUN!!!

Rachel Murray said...

How fun that your family is growing. I hope the adoption works out.

Jeremy and Janessa said...

Jeff looks so happy to have a new friend! She looks very nice! Let us know if it works out.

Jen said...

Wow, a real dog! All I can handle is my little, lease-trained Shih Tzu, that seems more like a toy than a dog. Have fun!